Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Catching up and moving on

This weekend was a whirlwind of fun and frivolity so the blog was left to wander on its own. Short updates:

image

Thursday was the local Addy Awards and my team scored a few wins, with Ren taking home the Best of The Bay Award for Sales Collateral!!! Now we move on up to districts.

image

Friday was the beginning of a wonderful Valentine’s. Really it was the best Valentine’s ever! Paul is an incredible romantic and I just fell into it all – and it was fun! It was also the start of the cutest canine contest with Finn vying for a shot at the cover of TBT. Care to vote for my little boy? Here’s your chance --- http://tampabay.upickem.net/engine/Welcome.aspx?contestid=13224

 

image

Saturday, Paul and I went to see a matinee of Wicked, a first for me and his second time. I loved it. The music was fantastic and going to the theatre is such a pleasure with dressing up and all. Afterward we went out for a romantic steak dinner complete with chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne.

image

Sunday Feb 14 was present day and I gave Paul the afghan I have been working on for months. He appreciated my efforts and artistry saying it was the nicest Valentine’s gift he ever received. I liked that. Millie has taken to the afghan as well so everyone is getting a chance to enjoy it.

The past few days have just been getting things taken care of and preparing for Lent. Though I am not affiliated with any particular religion, it is something I grew up with and appreciate the opportunity to look deeper into myself and into my beliefs honoring the next 40 days and the gratitude I have for all my blessings.

1 comment:

Helena said...

Sounds like you've had a great time with added fun and romance. You lucky gal!!

My son Ross was born on Valentines day, so my focus has always been more on him than hearts and gloves!! He was 21 this year!

Aw, well I'm off to vote for another handsome guy! Finn!