Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Letter Home – April 10




Aren't I just the cutest thing you ever did see?
The big news for this week is that Doctor Who is back on! Really this is big news for Paul and I who are so excited about the new companion, Clara and the final season of Matt Smith (David Tennant is coming back). Now that I got that out of the way, let’s move on.

This is a short letter home since I was sick most of the week with a cold and then a nose infection. I spent most of my time resting and knitting watching mind-numbing TV and so disappointed that True Blood on Demand was only for one week – Damn HBO.
Paul's Chicken Pie - perfect to nurse a cold.
And it’s no wonder I am getting sick so often since the weather here is very Sybil-like with 75 degrees one day and the next never reaching above 40. We had a couple of warm days allowing me to sit on the front porch and enjoy the spring air, but it wasn’t warm enough for this Florida girl to break out the shorts. They say next week should be warmer and I can get to work in the garden, though I have been warned to not plant until Mother’s Day.

On the upside, I sold my house this week with only 3 months on the market saving me some cash and releasing me from homeowner responsibility. I also got to spend some more time with baby goats, which always makes me happy. Paul and I are trying to set up an opportunity for some of the kids at Adriel to spend time on the farm with the baby goats to show them how a farm works (which I would love to learn) and to see where their food comes from – the farm also has chickens for eggs and lots of goat’s milk for cheese and ice cream.

Thanks for reading and I miss you very much!

Thing I Miss Most About My Old Home: I miss my old home where I enjoyed the past 14 years of my life.

Thing I Like Most About My New Home: The anticipation of a beautiful spring. 

No comments: