Friday, January 31, 2014

The Treasure of a Month Well Spent


This has been quite a busy month and quite fulfilling. I learned a lot, lived a lot and enjoyed it all. I can’t wait to get cracking with February.


Daily: Get back on track after the holiday with eating well and working out daily. 
January Update: No excuses for my backtracking except the weather. I just love to walk and with temperatures below zero it’s a little hard to get outside.
February Goal: When the temperature is above 20, no excuse not to walk. Plus, writing it down will take precedent.


Weekly: Learn something new in crafting each week – a stitch, a technique, even a term.
January Update: This has been great. I learned how to cable stitch, 2 applique lessons, learned how to make a Quillow and reintroduced myself to the crochet chain stitch. 
February Goal: I have so many new things to learn this month, including how to knot an infinity scarf and all the lessons for making a Jelly Roll quilt (that will be several lessons.)


Monthly: Read 3 books a month – one fiction, one nonfiction, and a classic. So far I picked out for January The Book Thief, Why Christianity Must Change or Die and The Frontiersmen.
January Update: Loved The Book Thief, still reading Why Christianity Must Change or Die (there is a lot to think about there) and just couldn’t muddle through The Frontiersmen.
February Goal: Keeping the fiction choice light with the final book of the Caster Chronicles, Beautiful Redemption, staying on the spiritual side with Dyer’s Wishes Fulfilled and taking a classic look at The Awakening.


Seasonally: Winter/Spring (Jan-Apr): Taking online courses in graphic design and social media to build my resume and reputation.
January Update: InDesign and Photoshop classes are going great. I’ve even designed a brochure for one of my volunteer clients putting my knowledge to real-world use. Ditto with the social media.
February Goal: Continue with these studies and I plan on finishing my basic InDesign lessons this month. 


Yearly: Bible Study.
January Update: I completed half of The Gospel According to Mark and have developed several new insights so far into this story of Jesus.
February Goal: Continue with Mark and move on to Matthew to get yet a different perspective of this much-told story. 

No comments: