Monday, September 29, 2008

Finding Lost Things - 37

Saturday I had quite a shock when I came home and found little Lassie missing. I was in such a great mood after having done my grocery shopping and buying a new outfit for a conference I am going to this week, and lost all my joy when his cute little face wasn’t there to greet me.
I had left both him and Misha on the screened-in porch since I needed to fumigate the house for fleas. This is something I had done several times before sans Lassie and never a problem. But on my return he was no where to be found.
I was heart-broken, and after the other heartbreak, it was like I was cursed, though I did my best to keep only positive thoughts in my head.
Into the night I kept watch sitting in the backyard and keeping sane by cleaning the house. Every few minutes I went out looking for him.
At around 10pm (he had been gone a while since I got home around 1:30pm), Guy came over. He was nearby volunteering at Drag Queen Bingo night at the gay church a mile from my house.
Guy inspected the patio, walked the backyard and the alley and kept reassuring me that Lassie would eventually come home. I was bawling.
Then as we started to walk inside, we spied a shimmer of white strolling beside the patio. Cloaked in darkness, Lassie emerged and skiddish as he is swiftly turned tail to hide again. I tried a few times to get him to come to me, hoping that he felt our bond as I did, but to no avail. I opened the patio door and the door leading into the house and put some food out. Bypassing the food, Lassie immediately headed toward his buddy, Misha. Stroking his body against Misha’s and purring, Lassie came inside and let me close him in again.
I was so glad he was home.
I have always had a feeling that Lassie may be gay do to his innate feminine sensibilities. Now I know since it took a gay man to make him come home. Either way, I have a “Don’t ask, don’t tell” household so I will never know where he went or what he did. I am just so happy he is home!!

No comments: