Monday, April 6, 2009

Something's Coming

Today’s writing prompt is about Something Missing.

Well I am back in soft cast and in a crap load of pain. They don’t have the pain killers at the pharmacy so I have to wait until tomorrow for them and this doesn’t help my psyche much, and neither does thinking about what’s missing.

I work hard during times like these to think of what I have more than what’s missing. Surgery may just be around the corner and I thought about how my friends and sisters could take turns taking care of me for a couple weeks until I will be able to get back on my feet.

So that is something I already have. I have two wonderful, and now healthy dogs; two great felines; a job to help me pay the bills; a house to keep me safe and warm (or cool for that matter); a sort-of-working washer that gives me clean clothes; food for the kids and me and a bunch of other good things. I also have loneliness and a bit of pain from inside and out, but I know this too shall pass.

I used to relish feeling sorry for myself, but it really doesn’t fit me anymore. So I could weep over being alone and hurt, of not having a significant other to take care of me in my time of need, and missing a piece of my heart. But it’s not me. I know if I called one of my friends now they would help me, if only to take the dogs out or help me fix the variety of things that need fixing in the house.

I lack nothing, except from time to time, appreciation for all that I do have. I am blessed and enjoy every minute of it, when I can remember.

No comments: