Saturday, September 19, 2009

Madonna and Patti Kelli

The last out-of-town guests to the Swingin’ Beach Pad are ….. Kathy and Scott. Taking a breather from their life in Michigan, the happily married couple took a tour of the hot spots of Florida and ended up at Guy’s.

Kathy and caroline

Kathy and Carolyn (A Black Cat Reunion)

Kathy used to live here like 10 years ago and she decided to move back to Bay City (Madonna is from there). Now we only see each other once a year or even less, but I do have some great memories such as New Years 1999/2000 in NYC; many evenings drinking rum punch and telling tall tales in the backyard and of course playing with Duncan. She is one of my most favorite people in the world and it is so sad she is so far away, but distance does make the heart grow fonder.

This visit she was accompanied by her husband Scott. We only spent one evening together, but it was great camaraderie with her other friends as well. We ate, drank and were very merry.

guy and joan Guy and Joan- Note his shirt, “Lead Me Not Into Temptation, I can get there all by myself.”

This day also marked the notice that Guy gave to us all that he is leaving the Pad, but not the area. It was hard to take, but this made her the final out-of-town guest, a prestigious title.

*The title of this entry is based on nicknames that Kathy and I have. We all call her Madonna since that is her staple Halloween costume and she adores the Material Girl. I am nicknamed Patti Kelli because Kathy thought my name was Kelli for about the first 2 years we knew each other and when we found out my real name she melded them and now I am Patti Kelli.

No comments: