Friday, December 4, 2009

21 Days of Christmas

Oh the weather outside is frightful, with a 100% chance for rain and the temperature dropping steadily with each passing hour. And this does not make me want to stay sequestered in my bathroom inhaling primer and paint fumes.

Nothing much has happened in the past 36 hours as it comes to home improvement, but my mood has improved as the weather has gotten worse. I think it’s also that I get to see Paul tonight and that always makes me feel a bit livelier.

We don’t get to spend too much time together since he lives across the bay and is not only working like crazy (he’s a college professor), but also going to school getting his doctorate. It makes me feel a bit lazy really. We find time in between his elaborate papers and my social calendar to get together and spend some quality time.

Tomorrow afternoon I plan on venturing into the world of priming the walls and ceiling, and when that becomes dull and boring, I will continue scraping the paint off the door. This has proven to be a pretty easy task since the blue latex paint comes off pretty easy in plasticy ribbons like peeling a painted nude dancer at Fantasy Fest. The intricate jam and edges are a bit more tiresome, but it all balances out.

I figure if I can get the ceiling and walls painted this weekend, I can focus on the door and cabinet next week and be somewhat ready for the puppies’ birthday. Accessorizing, removing the glass shower doors and frame, as well as painting the fixtures will be completed by Christmas Eve and I will then have the party in my bathroom.

For tonight I will dine with my sweetie, cuddle up on the couch and keep warm in his arms.

I will post pictures soon, but I want to at least have the primer up since it makes the transformation that much more dramatic.

No comments: