Sunday, November 28, 2010

Being Thankful for the Simple Things

I haven’t been writing much since my mind has been on other things; changes at work, Finn being sick, getting away from it all and keeping it all together. It all causes me to pause this time of year as I quiet the voices in my head and those around me to just BE and honor all the blessings that I have.

So here’s my simple list:
I am grateful that all my loved ones both two-legged and four are well at this very moment and have overcome their hardships.

I am grateful that I am very talented in many areas and this helps me do a great job at work as well as in my hobbies.

I am grateful for so many friends and acquaintances who’ve come to my aid in this time of need reminding me that it feels just as good to give as to receive.

I am grateful that we have a room over our head, food in our bellies, clothes and collars on our backs and time to enjoy them all.

I am grateful for the every changing world around me, because no matter how bad things seem to be – this too shall pass.

No comments: