Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What Makes You Happy? – Happiness Happens Month


Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy---Anne Frank

For instance, lovable puppies and all the joy they bring. Happy 3rd Birthday to my little Millefiori!

I just had to pull in another Anne Frank quote for the
Secret Society of Happy People’s Happiness Happens Month. The Society has declared the three following purposes for this month:

  • Recognize and express happiness

  • Listen to others talk about their happiness

  • Don’t rain on other people’s parades

We all may feel a little challenged by happiness, but this would be a great time to make a conscious effort to be happy. I used to feel that happiness was something that hinged on outside forces and it was a goal, not really a state of living. For the past couple of days, I’ve been thinking about happiness and believe that for me, happiness is that wonderful time when I am truly content with the here and now. I put aside the chatter that says, “I’ll be happier when I have more money (time, love, things, health, drama, less weight, etc.) When I did this, I realized I am a pretty happy person.

So my goal is that each day when I meditate, I will focus on something that makes me very happy and content in my life. What makes me happy today: Knowing that I am already very happy.

No comments: