Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Solemn Moment


I have been absent from blogging, and from life, do the passing of my beloved baby boy, Finnegan. Last week we had to say good bye and let God take him back to heaven. Through the past 1,000 days – to be exact – Finn has been one of the most precious spirits in my life. His short life had several downs from his illness, but a lot of ups from the unconditional love those around him bestowed upon him. But his body was failing and it would have been cruel to keep him alive any longer. He did not suffer, and even jumped on Paul and I, licking our faces and being giddy when we went for that last visit to the vet. Though I knew hope was gone when he became tired very quickly (from not eating for 2 days) and needed to rest in my arms.

We have had an emotional couple weeks, and have focused on the kids we still have, Polly and Millie. Polly and I are becoming closer and we’re there for each other. Not a day goes by that I don’t feel that ache in my heart and the wave of loneliness, but I know for the first time since he came into my life, Finn is in perfect health now.

Thank you to all my friends who have sent cards and flowers, brought by food and listened to me cry from this incredible pain, especially Guy, Chris, Miss Patty, and Bill and Sue. I would be lost without you. Finn was not “just a dog”, in fact I don’t think any canine is “just a dog”. They are precious little souls that God chooses to share with us so that our lives will be more complete and fulfilled. I love you Mr. Finn and miss you very much.

A Better Me: In just 1,000 days, Finn’s presence in my life changed my world. Taking his great example of striving to be healthy, being connected to God, showing unconditional love and making my heart sing, I will spend the next 1,000 days honoring his spirit in action and being a better me (and mommy to Polly and Millie.)


1 comment:

keepingitindie said...

Oh my gosh - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Our last pup was with us 15 years before he passed and it took me 3 years to add a new member to our family. Chloe does not replace Buddy but it is so nice having her around.

My heart goes out to you.

Brandi