Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Polly Days


Today is the third anniversary of when Polly came to live with me. It was a day that changed my life forever. On March 1, 2009, Polly was just under 3 months old and part of the same litter as Finn. She was a wee thing only 2.5 pounds and a warm little bundle of fire.

When she was given up, it was only natural that she should come to live with me and to make my life whole. And God did have a plan because it was only 2 short weeks later that Finn had his first surgery and the struggle to keep my boy happy and healthy started.
The wealth of happiness she brings to my life is vast and still expanding. From day one, she shone a light on the bad relationship I was in and gave me someone to truly love that would love me. This opened me up to loving Paul and Millie and having a real family.

Every day she shows me the beauty of the morning with her jumps for joy and her excitement about another day's worth of adventures. Every evening she cuddles beside me and showers me with puppy kisses letting me know that she loves me more than anything.


She is my laughing companion, my shoulder to cry on, my walking partner and my co-pilot when on the road.

Now, 3 years later, she cuddles beside me and gives me so much pleasure that at times I weep from joy.

She is truly my Polly Princess!

No comments: