Saturday, March 30, 2013

March's Favorite Things- Birch, Ginger and Silk


March shared a bounty of wonderful things with me, but only three made my favorite things list. Take a look.

Birchbox did it again with a pleasing array of items for March Madness. Though I’m not a basketball fan, I was a fan of the Caldrea Body Lotion in three magnificent scents. Not too heavy, but oh-so luxurious, this lotion beat away not only the dry skin of winter, but each fragrance made me feel that much more special. Even my honey commented on the scents with a nod of the head (that’s his form of excitement when it comes to girly things.

Always in need of another emery board, this month’s box packed in Madewell for Birchbox Nail Emery Board that truly is made well. I even got a compliment on it when I had to smooth out a rough nail at lunch and my friend commented on how cute it was.

MAKE this month had a duo of items to try, including MAKE Silk Cream Lipstick and
MAKE Dual-Phase Eye Makeup Remover. Both are a nice touch to my beauty regiment, but I am still a devotee of Loreal’s Infallable Lipcolor.

Lastly, I was delighted to receive Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo. I admit I was weary to try it, but it wasn’t too bad and in a pinch it will be a charmer.

Other than the glory of my Birchbox, I also was so pleased to taste for the first time, Ale 8 1, a soda from Winchester Kentucky. Paul and Heidi shared a six-pack with me and I love the unique ginger fizz of this refreshing pop. Pronounced, “A late one” this is a soda that has picked up some extra flavor with a little bit more aging. If you get a chance, give it a try.


My last favorite thing for this list is some wonderful yarn I discovered in Columbus at the Knitter’s Mercantile. This Plymouth Yarn in Kudo is a blend of cotton, rayon and silk and has the most wondrous color scheme. Along with a cream-color yarn, I thought it would make a great spring scarf.

What was the most favorite thing you discovered, found or received in March?



No comments: