Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Craft


After
Before












I have always wanted a craftroom where I could feel inspired to create and keep all my crafting tools organized. With this house, we’re able to have a studio for Paul to paint and a craftroom for me to sew, knit and do other crafty things, together. The light is great in these rooms especially for painting and having an area devoted to sewing is my heaven’s dream. However, I first had to create the space.

As you can see there were a lot of boxes to yet unpack, and a gentle chaos to where things should go. I put this room off until I had the downstairs squared away, but now I must enter into this struggle. No worries.
Before

After











In just one day, I transformed the room from disarray to charming and, more importantly, a place to let creation happen. I have a long list of what I want to make and this is the perfect place to let it all happen.

There ‘s still some work to be done as I figure out what is missing and how to organize some of the smaller details, but I am ready to get cranking in there.

First project: Making dresses and shorts for little ones in Africa a part of our service project for spring.

Come on all you crafters out there, What’s your crafty inspiration? 

No comments: