Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Letter Home - April 3

My Little Princess - See Her Crown

Spring seems to be coming to West Liberty. Saturday, we had a beautiful day with opportunities to work in the yard and take a long walk to explore the parks and trails around the town.

We took the dogs with us up Adriel Hill and got a bird’s-eye-view of the entire town and the surrounding farms. It was lovely. At the top of the hill is the main entrance for the Adriel school, as well as a cemetery dating back to the mid 1800s. I am going to go up there more often since it is so peaceful there and cemetery exploring is interesting to me.
I Love Memorial Art 
Easter was very nice with the morning spent at church for a youth service, breakfast, Easter egg hunt and the regular service. Our neighbors, Jim and Jill, who also are members of the church, invited us to have Easter dinner with their family and it was delicious. We even got to enjoy Marie’s chocolates for the great day.

This morning, I took a tour of Adriel, a refuge and school for abused and neglected children who have some emotional and behavioral problems. Our house is pretty much surrounded by the school with the girls’ dorm on one side and the boy’s dorm as well as classrooms behind us. I wanted to learn more about the kids, the history and what I could do to volunteer and help these children. It’s hard enough growing up with a loving family, but these kids don’t have such a basic need met, and Adriel is trying to help them feel loved, valued and make them an important part of society.

Oh yeah, and baseball started this week. Go Reds! Go Rays!

What I Miss Most About My Old Home: Being around friends and family for the holiday.

What I Like Most About My New Home: The opportunity to truly make a difference and be of service to those in need.


No comments: