Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Brood - 40 Days of Thankfulness


 I have 3 siblings: 2 sisters and a brother. I am very thankful to be part of this brood. Like all families we’re each very unique in our own way, but we always know we have one another to watch our backs and to be a part of something greater.

I am thankful for each of them and love those qualities that make them individuals in my family. My sister Cathi is the oldest and a force to be reckoned with. She takes care of herself and as a teacher helps children learn so they can embrace their curiosity and discover who they are. She is a great sister throwing me a bridal shower and sharing her love of horses with me. I love learning about these beasts and her passion is far reaching.

My brother David is next in the fold. He is a very spiritual man who has turned his life over to Christ. A biker at heart, David has always been a great brother counseling me when I was a teenager on how to deal with life and turning me on to all kinds of music.

Lastly is my sister Cricket who is the one closest to my age. She is a fantastic sister always helping me out babysitting the puppies or sharing cooking tips or just hanging out. She has a very bright light inside of her that she shares with everyone she meets.

Though I am now far away from them, I am so thankful God gave me such a wonderful family.

No comments: