Thursday, May 29, 2008

What Could He Be Thinking - Day 16

As I was driving home from work today, I spotted this license tag. At first glance I thought it read "Colon8R" and I giggled. My mind went to a person advertising their business in colonics. He He He. Then I re-read it (the editor in me reads and re-reads, yet I still make mistakes) and saw it read "Colin8R". So I figured it was some guy named Colin who had a weak sense of humor. Since he was also advertising Jimmy Buffet ( a big NO in my book), his limited wit was easy to mark (possibly). Then I noticed it was a girl driving and I was lost.
I just don't get vanity plates. I think it is the term vanity. Yet I have a few friends that have them like Misty who has the tag "Write". She used to be a marketing copywriter, so it fit - both witty and explanatory. I appreciate some since they give me something to read and think about in traffic, but I don't think I could ever get one. Once again back to the vanity title again. Plus what if mine wasn't witty - that would diminish any vanity or ego I have about my creative talents in one simple remark made by a tired woman driving home in her car taking a picture of my tag to blog about. - Huh.

No comments: