Thursday, July 3, 2008

And The Chocolate Stands Alone - Day 40

This is a sad moment. There is only one chocolate left in the Moonstruck Chocolates box and it is about to be eaten. Its eight brothers and sisters have all been devoured, joyfully, and now the Irish Cream will be slowly eaten and savored with an orgasmic melody.

Moonstruck and I go back a couple years, meeting on my first trip to Portland, Oregon. A trip that was so much more than I ever thought it would be, Moonstruck was my pal as I traipsed through this unknown city, on my own, and trying hard not to be blue. My first taste was dark chocolate with chili pepper, which has become a favorite combination of mine. I rode the bus that night back to my hotel relishing in what great happiness just a little piece of heaven could bestow.

I treated myself each day to a little bit of this celestial delicacy and brought some back for transplant Chris who was my phone friend through my tour. He returned the favor this time when he went to visit. The box of nine truffles made me almost cry as I smelled their sweetness and doled out one at a time for Ronn and myself to share.

For those of you who haven't had a chance to partake in these little nuggets of peace, please do. You will love them. Good bye and farewell my chocolaty friends. I hope we meet again, very soon. Love you.

(I thought this would be a great end to my photo adventure – ending it on a sweet note)

No comments: