Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Naps

Some people take naps during the day to rest up for the evening’s adventures. Some take naps because they wear themselves out doing so much during the week or the day. I take naps because they are a luxury.

Naps are a time when I can rest with my kitties and puppies, listen to relaxing music and in a sense pray. Sometimes I don’t even sleep, I just lay on the couch with a pet on my chest soothed by the rise and fall of my breathing into their own slumber.

There is something so beautiful about Polly resting her head between my breasts listening to my heart beat as I listen to her small snores. Her dreams disrupt my dozing, but that’s OK since the pleasure of her warm body against mine is more than enough to be thankful for. Finn rests on the floor beside us with his own small snores punctuating as a chorus.

This one hour of time together brings me so much joy and though I can sleep when I am dead, I won’t get to feel this kind of happiness and peace. For during these moments, I know what love really is.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments: