Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Why I Love Wednesdays!


This is a photo I took outside of the Louvre in Paris on a rather fabulous Wednesday.

I figured I would start with an easy one … I love Wednesdays because I get to work from home. This invites a whole plethora of gratitude.

Firstly, workwise I get so much done when I don’t have all in the interruptions, fires to put out and other little distractions.

It’s a very enjoyable atmosphere with puppies playing or snoozing, the comfort of my favorite chair or couch, getting to see the sun (or rain) outside and when I am on my feet, even venturing outside to work when the weather permits.

I appreciate getting to sleep in on Wednesdays though it is only for an extra 45 minutes or so, but rising to my own clock instead of to the alarm makes a world of difference in my morning attitude. With the commute being feet instead of miles and being able to write in my jammies, the serene atmosphere carries throughout the day and gives me a greater sense of well being.

My hour lunch breaks are real breaks with a quick shower, maybe a dog walk, eating something freshly made and catching up with last night’s episode of the Beekman Boys.

Those moments that most people take at the office for smoke breaks, chat breaks or just getting away from the desk breaks transform at home into petting a kitty or puppy break, prepping veggies for dinner break or reading a short chapter break.

When the work day is done, I feel like I really accomplished something instead of the scramble to recall what I have to do tomorrow as I shut down my workspace. This translates through Thursday as I know I am a bit more vibrant in mind and body as I conquer the next day's tasks.

Wednesday evening is more invigorating as well with a bike ride or dance class after work and a wonderful meal to treat myself.

Sometimes I wish I could work from home every day, but I know that I would get bored without the social aspect of being in an office or around coworkers. I tried it before and became very lonely and a bit uninspired, plus looking forward to Wednesday is wonderful anticipation.

Why do you love Wednesday?

No comments: