Friday, February 17, 2012

Random Acts of Kindness Day

This is Random Acts of Kindness week according to the Random Acts of Kindness website. Every day can be a Random Act of Kindness Day, it’s pretty easy. The website contains a load of ideas from making donations to your favorite charities, helping an elderly person or a person in need in your community, volunteering to read to a child or a senior citizen, paying the toll for the person behind you, making cookies for your class or for the office just because.

What are you going to do today as your Random Act of Kindness?

I thought about making mini cheesecakes, but I’ve been sick all week so I don’t want to share my coodies with others. Instead I am starting a month-long project of creating 8” x 8” knitted squares to be used to make patchwork blankets for AIDS orphans in Africa. I plan on making 30 squares by the end of March. If you want to participate, check out the website and sign up to make a difference---in any way you can.


Heart Healthy Month Tip: This is a gimme---do something kind for someone today and your heart will thank you for it.

No comments: