Saturday, November 16, 2013

My Dad’s Keeper – 40 Days of Thankfulness

Marion, me and my Dad on the day I left Florida. 

Today is another heart-felt bit of gratitude. This time it is for my stepmother, Marion who has been such a wonderful partner, caretaker and friend to my Dad. They have been together since I was a teenager, and Marion and I didn’t always get along (making this extra special).

Recently, over the past decade, I have come to appreciate all she does for my dad in sickness and in health. It really means a lot to me to know my Dad is safe and well cared for. Since he has been sick these past few months, Marion has really stepped up as caretaker driving him to multiple doctor’s appointments each day, taking care of him at home, and making sure the family is up to date on what is going on in his life.

I am so thankful that he has someone who loves him so much to take her precious time and make it a gift to him and to us. She is an angel and I appreciate her with my whole heart. 

No comments: