Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Oh What A Beautiful Morning – 40 Days of Thankfulness




Though the time change does leave me feeling a bit out of sorts, and evenings seem to come too soon, I love the mornings. Last week at dog-walking time (6:45am) we were traipsing through the dark with curious puppies wanting to pick up everything on our path. The cold seemed even more bitter and all I wanted to do when we got home was crawl back under the covers.

This morning as Polly and Millie and I wandered through our quiet town the sky lit up in shades of blue, pink and gray with the sun rising over an unseen cornfield and reaching toward the clouds. Though the air is a brisk 32 degrees, I felt more awake and alive looking forward to my day and enjoying nature’s show.

Thank you God for a beautiful morning. 

No comments: