Friday, December 6, 2013

Bake and Share – 40 Days of Thankfulness

Bake and Share


 While my fingers tickle these keys, the snow is falling outside making our little town into a winter wonderland. We are expecting between 4 and 7 inches of snow today and I bet the kids across the street were hoping more would have fallen last night so school would be canceled and they could go sledding on the hill out back. But it seems to be an all day thing.

Which is great since I don’t have to go anywhere. Not having a job sucks, but not having to go to work on a day like today is wonderful. Instead of driving on ice through traffic to the corporate jungle, I get to stay home and watch movies with my hubbie, drink hot cocoa and bake muffins to give away on Sunday.

This Sunday marks our first anniversary (which I have to say, anniversaries are so much better than weddings – less fuss and muss and more fun!) and since it also coincides with Bake and Share Day, we thought we would share with the congregation and give them some mini muffins to thank them for making our first year of marriage amazing.

This just smells and tastes like the holidays - Cranberries and Oranges
I have four recipes planned, but I don’t want to go too overboard. First, my holiday favorite Orange, Cranberry and Nut muffins. This recipe is a classic from Ocean Spray and I usually make it as bread, but today I am going to try mini muffins. (We tried these for breakfast this morning and loved them!!!)

Chocolate for breakfast - yum
The recipe that triggered this whole thing was Triple Chocolate muffins from the Dec 2013 Cooking Light magazine, which may become Paul’s new favorite. Then a muffin party wouldn’t be complete without my famous Morning Glory muffins with dried fruit and nuts and bananas. Lastly are the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins which has no picture since they will be done tomorrow morning (ran out of eggs – oops).
Oh what a Glorious Morning with these muffins
 A warm kitchen is a blessing on such a cold day. Plus to bake something to warm the hearts of others is also a nice touch.

What could you bake and share this holiday season? 

No comments: